Sunday, January 20, 2013

Discretionary Blogging.

There is much to blog about following this weekend...which technically isn't even over.

I could blog about my sadness following the Patriots' loss just moments ago.

I could blog about how excited I was to get in a 2.5 mile run yesterday afternoon.

I could subsequently blog about how my quadriceps are not nearly as excited about this as the rest of me is.

I could even blog about my joy at tomorrow's Inauguration; the traditional and ceremonial aspects of watching our President take the oath of office, but ALSO the anticipation of seeing what Mrs. Obama will wear. Love her.

But the best thing to blog about would be yesterday's family adventure in the Home Depot. We are planning a little bathroom renovation, and went on an excursion to pick out a new vanity. Conveniently the Depot was running a special and had a variety of vanity sets, as well as some display toilets, right at the front of the store when we first walked in.

Such a bloggerific story occurred during that little family fun trip to the Home Depot. But it's also one of those stories that reminds me that the Internet is forever. So I probably shouldn't tell it.

But, I will leave you with this: I learned this weekend that to a small little boy, the purpose of a display toilet may not be quite clear. And if Mom and Dad are busy discussing the relative merits of an espresso finish versus a java finish on bathroom furnishings, you may just feel the need to make do with what's available.

Because, when you gotta go, you gotta go.


1 comment:

Jenny said...

Haha...That does sound like a bloggerific story!